iScore for Windows is a state of the art software suite for the planning and management of manufacturing operations. iScore implements the Theory of Constraints (TOC)-a comprehensive scientific theory of industrial management.
TOC is a refreshingly common-sense method for industrial problem solving, anchored firmly in the real world yet with sophisticated mathematical development. TOC has helped hundreds of organizations improve productivity and efficiency.
iScore for Windows follows its predecessor for DOS in bringing the Theory of Constraints to your organization, in the most practical and user-friendly way. iScore is a modular software package used as the Advanced Planning Engine of ERP systems, and is being extended to the B2B direct materials solutions. The planning package includes all planning and scheduling functions of the organization. iScore covers all planning levels from MPS to the scheduling of all the resources in the organization. You can install iScore for Windows in a standalone configuration, or you can integrate the outstanding iScore planning and analysis capabilities with your existing MRP II or MIS data management system. iScore output is compatible with database and spreadsheet software such as Access, dBase, and Quattro Pro. The iScore suite includes number of substructure software, which all are running on IBM PC and compatible computers and will be describe later.
iScore Full suite advantage
- Integration with ERP systems
iScore acts as a planning engine only. It receives its data input from the ERP database. As a result duplication of database is avoided with all the evils it creates, implementation process is fast and cheap.
- Direct and smooth flow from Strategic planning elements to the detailed low level planning via manufacturing plan.
iScore is a scalable from three aspects:
- It is possible to implement only part of the planning functions and move later on to fully fledged implementation.
- It is also possible to implement it on a PC based station connected to ERP system and to move later on to more expensive systems or networks.
- iScore has the capability to simulate various planning methods from the trivial and popular MRP to JIT concepts and up to TOC.
- Top Down Bottom Up concept
The planning concept creates a linkage between global parameters and operational decisions concerning materials, machines or other resources. Accordingly iScore simultaneously performs Top Down and Bottom Up algorithms. The result is, as an example, that the scheduling of production resources is according to markets’ priorities and that commitments to customers are according to the organization’s constraints.